Michael DiCecco, Executive Managing Director of
Huntington Asset Finance, will serve as ELFA Board Chair
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS - Today during the 60th Annual Convention of the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the association announced its new Board of Directors and Officers who will serve during the next 12 months. Michael DiCecco, Executive Managing Director of Huntington Asset Finance, is the new ELFA Board Chair and Robert Neagle, President and CEO of Finova Capital, LLC, is now Chair-Elect. The Chair-Elect and new Board members were recommended by ELFA’s Nominating Committee and approved by a vote of the general membership.
“I am honored to serve as the Board Chair of ELFA and to represent the Board, staff members and our member organizations—all of whom serve the interests of the businesses that depend on the equipment financing industry to grow and thrive,” DiCecco said. “Equipment finance is critical to our recovering economy, and ELFA’s role as an advocate and partner is becoming even more important in these rapidly changing times.”
“We are extremely fortunate to have Mike DiCecco as Chairman of the Board of Directors for 2022,” said ELFA President and CEO Ralph Petta. “Mike has been a valued member volunteer for many years, and his industry knowledge and commitment to our association will be tremendous assets to the ELFA membership and the industry at large in the coming year.”
DiCecco has more than three decades of experience in equipment finance and commercial banking and a long history of ELFA leadership. He joined Huntington in 2001 and led the development of the bank’s equipment finance business, which now has assets of more than $12 billion. He also served as the commercial bank leader in Huntington’s Northeast Ohio region and led the commercial bank’s specialized lending businesses.
DiCecco has served ELFA as a member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee from 2014-2017, returning to the Board in 2018. He is a member of the Board’s Executive and Nominating Committees. He has also served as Board Liaison to ELFA’s Emerging Talent Advisory Council, contributing to the Council’s “ELFA Emergence” leadership development conference, regional emerging talent networking events and leadership articles and podcasts from 2018 to 2021. Previously, he served as a member of ELFA’s Membership Committee and Financial Institutions Business Council Steering Committee. DiCecco has also supported the work of the Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation as a participant in the Foundation’s Industry Future Council and a contributor to various “State of the Equipment Finance Industry” reports.
At Huntington, DiCecco is responsible for all aspects of asset finance, including asset-based lending, equipment, technology and healthcare finance, vendor and inventory finance, public capital, renewable energy, premium finance and lender finance.
In the community, DiCecco serves on the Cuyahoga County Regional Advisory Board for the Boys & Girls Club of Northeast Ohio and is an active fundraiser for cancer research through Pelotonia, an annual bike ride to support research at The Ohio State Comprehensive Cancer Center.
DiCecco earned a bachelor’s degree in finance from the Mount St. Joseph University.
2022 ELFA Board of Directors
The newly elected members of the ELFA Board of Directors include:
- Jon Biorkman, President, Healthcare Financial Services, GE Healthcare
- Kathleen Canum, Vice President, Administration, Canon Financial Services, Inc.
- Debra Devassy Babu, Shareholder, Darcy & Devassy PC
- Eric Gross, Chief Operating Officer, Dext Capital
- Kirk Phillips, President & CEO, Wintrust Commercial Finance
- Michael Romanowski, President, Farm Credit Leasing
- Robert Wax, Co-President, Kingsbury Wax Bova, LLC
- Bruce Winter, President, FSG Capital, Inc.
The following individuals were elected by the membership to serve as ELFA Vice Chairs: Robert Boyer, President, First Commonwealth Equipment Finance, and James Cress, Vice President & General Manager, Stryker, Flex Financial. Daniel Krajewski, President & CEO, Sertant Capital, LLC, will serve as Treasurer.
Paul Stilp, ELFA’s Chief Financial and Operating Officer, will serve as Secretary and Ralph Petta, ELFA President and CEO, is an Ex-Officio Officer.
Kris Snow, President, Cisco Systems Capital Corporation, is Immediate Past Chair. Other members of the Board are:
- Deborah Baker, Head of Worldwide Leasing and Financing, HP Inc.
- Maureen Carr, Managing Director, Pacific Western Bank
- Mark Duncan, EVP and Chief Operating Officer, Mitsubishi HC Capital America
- David Farrell, Managing Director - Head of Capital Markets, Bank of America Global Leasing
- Nathan Gibbons, COO, QuickFi by Innovation Finance USA LLC
- R.J. Grimshaw, President & CEO, UniFi Equipment Finance
- Amy Gross, EVP, Key Government Finance, Key Equipment Finance
- Ricardo A. Rios, President & CEO, Commercial Equipment Finance, Inc.
- Barry Ripes, SVP, Financial Services Leader, Equifax
- Thomas Rutherford, President, Crestmark Equipment Finance, a division of MetaBank
- David Verkinderen, SVP, Office Equipment & Manufacturing Vendor Services, U.S. Bank Equipment Finance
The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) is the trade association that represents companies in the nearly $1 trillion equipment finance sector, which includes financial services companies and manufacturers engaged in financing capital goods. ELFA members are the driving force behind the growth in the commercial equipment finance market and contribute to capital formation in the U.S. and abroad. Its 575 members include independent and captive leasing and finance companies, banks, financial services corporations, broker/packagers and investment banks, as well as manufacturers and service providers. In 2021, ELFA is celebrating 60 years of equipping business for success. For more information, please visit www.elfaonline.org.