Given the extraordinary nature of the current COVID-19 pandemic, in order to provide for the health and safety of all attendees and staff at the 2021 ELFA Annual Convention
in San Antonio, TX on October 24-26, ELFA requests that all conference attendees properly use facial coverings
in all meeting rooms unless they are actively engaged in eating or drinking during ELFA events. This guidance is provided by the public health officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for events and gatherings.
The following protocols and practices will be in place during ELFA 60th Annual Convention:
- Individualized packaged hospital grade masks included in meeting bag.
- Additional masks available at the registration desk.
- Hand sanitizer stations placed around meeting spaces.
- Personalized hand sanitizers included in meeting bag.
- Gloves available at the registration desk.
- The JW Marriott has a MERV 8 filter ventilation system throughout the hotel.
- The exhibit hall now has wider aisles and booths spaced in social distance groups.
- Socially distanced seating: Within the design of our meeting and event spaces, we will offer various distanced seating sections to accommodate various levels of comfort. Due to social distancing, some in-person events may be limited due to onsite venue space capacities.
- All on-site attendees will also have access to the virtual conference. Want to take a break from the larger group? You can watch on your laptop from your hotel room or elsewhere on the property.
- At registration you will be able to self-select a wrist band to indicate your comfort level for networking.
- Red – NO CONTACT: 6 Feet Apart and Social Distancing
- Yellow – ELBOWS ONLY: Still Being Cautious
- Green – HIGH 5’s & HANDSHAKES: Frequent Hand Washing / Sanitizing
You can view the latest ELFA COVID-19 protocols here.
The current precautions will be taken to help keep everyone safe – from attendees and staff to local hotel employees and vendors. ELFA considers the safety of all those onsite as our top priority. What does this mean? ELFA encourages all on-site attendees to be vaccinated; however, we respect your personal choices and will be committed to accommodating the well-being of everyone by implementing protocols that give all attendees choice as it relates to health and safety. Our expectation is that we will all be mindful of our colleagues and practice safety protocols protecting the good of the whole community of attendees.
There’s a lot in store for you at the 60th Annual Convention. See the participant list with over 700 attendees and counting, the updated agenda and the health and safety protocols for attendees, exhibitors and staff. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.