Washington, D.C. – The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association today announced plans for ELFA Legal Forum LIVE!
, an interactive virtual event on May 4-5, 2021. The Forum will provide attorneys serving the equipment finance industry with critical updates on legal issues, practical takeaways for their daily practice and comprehensive discussions of key market segments.
“In today’s rapidly evolving environment, it’s essential to stay on top of new developments,” said Lisa Moore, Chair of the ELFA Legal Committee, which is involved in planning and hosting the Forum. “At ELFA Legal Forum LIVE! we’ll discuss critical updates and essential hot topics in the law. We’ll reconnect with colleagues we haven’t seen throughout the pandemic, exchange best practices and network on an interactive platform. We look forward to seeing as many members of the ELFA legal community as possible on May 4-5!”
Topics addressed at the ELFA Legal Forum LIVE! will include:
- Legal Update Panel
- CA and NY Federal Licensing and Disclosure
- Security: Data, Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Air, Rail and Marine Update
- The Courts, Bankruptcy and Workout Strategies During the Pandemic
- E- Docs and Working Remotely/E-docs Considering the Pandemic
- Inventory Financing/International & Motor Vehicles
- Merger Up & Other Restructures: Lessons Learned
- State of the Association and Industry
- Managed/Bundled Services: Recent Developments and Market Practices
- Government Finance: Municipal/Tribal
- Cross-Border Lease Transactions
- Does Your Contract Work Across State Lines?
- Fintech: What Is It and How Do I Help My Business Use It?
- UCC Basics and Advanced
- General Session: Ethics
ELFA recognized the members of the 2021 Legal Committee who are helping to plan ELFA Legal Forum LIVE!, including:
- Lisa Moore, Senior Counsel, PNC Equipment Finance, LLC (Committee Chair)
- R. Scott Adams, Senior Counsel – US, Volvo Financial Services
- Rachel Brescoll, Associate, Kutak Rock LLP
- Eileen Brown, Partner, Thompson Coburn LLP
- Mirna Cardona, Corporate Counsel – Transactions, Frost Equipment Leasing and Finance
- Jeanette Dannenfelser, Vice President and General Counsel, Summit Funding Group, Inc.
- Kristin Esche, Associate Chief Counsel, John Deere Financial
- Robert Geis, Director / Assistant General Counsel, Equipment Finance, CIT
- Marshall Goldberg, Partner, Glass & Goldberg, A Law Corporation
- Jennifer Gould, Shareholder, Stark & Stark, P.C.
- Benjamin Gross, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Marc Hamroff, Partner, Moritt Hock & Hamroff LLP
- Scott Kearns, Senior Legal Director, Dell Financial Services
- Dominic Liberatore, Deputy General Counsel, DLL
- Andrea Nicotera, Senior Corporate Counsel, U.S. Bank Equipment Finance
- Moorari Shah, Counsel, Buckley LLP
- Richard Tannenbaum, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
- Kenneth Weinberg, Partner, Rimon, P.C.
The agenda and registration details for ELFA Legal Forum LIVE! are available at www.elfaonline.org/events/2021/LF/.
The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) is the trade association that represents companies in the nearly $1 trillion equipment finance sector, which includes financial services companies and manufacturers engaged in financing capital goods. ELFA members are the driving force behind the growth in the commercial equipment finance market and contribute to capital formation in the U.S. and abroad. Its 575 members include independent and captive leasing and finance companies, banks, financial services corporations, broker/packagers and investment banks, as well as manufacturers and service providers. In 2021, ELFA is celebrating 60 years of equipping business for success. For more information, please visit www.elfaonline.org.