Washington, DC, Feb. 23, 2021— The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2021, commemorating six decades of bringing industry professionals together for networking, education, advocacy and industry information. As the association looks back, it is also looking forward, envisioning what the next 60 years will bring. The ELFA 60th Anniversary webpage at www.elfaonline.org/60th highlights information and resources related to this milestone, including:
- Anniversary Logo – ELFA is rolling out a special logo for 2021.
- How Well Do You Know ELFA? - Test your knowledge of association history for a chance to win ELFA swag in the February ELFA Engage app contest.
- Membership Anniversaries - A celebration of companies celebrating milestone ELFA membership anniversaries in 2021.
- 60 Years in 60 Seconds - A video snapshot of the association from 1961 to present.
- Historical Timeline - A timeline of notable achievements in the history of the association and the industry.
- Evolution of Equipment Finance - Q&As with association members reflecting on the past and looking to the future.
- 60th ELFA Annual Convention – The anniversary year will culminate at a special ELFA Annual Convention in October. Watch for details to come later this year.
“Since its founding in 1961, our association has united the equipment finance industry under one umbrella to learn together, do business together and advocate for the industry and its important role in our economy,” said ELFA President and CEO Ralph Petta. “Over the years, member companies have innovated to meet changing customer needs, and our association has evolved to focus on what matters most to the membership. That resilience and entrepreneurial spirit will guide us as we look ahead to the next 60 years of equipping American businesses to succeed and prosper. We look forward to celebrating with the membership at the 60th ELFA Annual Convention in October!”
Recognizing the Membership Committee
In commemorating the 60th anniversary, ELFA is recognizing the members of the ELFA Membership Committee, which plays a critical role helping to recruit and retain members and communicate the ELFA value proposition.
“The Membership Committee is excited to celebrate the 60th ELFA Anniversary and the diverse members who make up the ELFA community," said Amy Gross, Chair of the ELFA Membership Committee and EVP of Key Government Finance at Key Equipment Finance. “Whether a company joins our association for the business opportunities, the data, the advocacy agenda or countless other benefits, they gain access to an invaluable network of colleagues and friends—and we are all stronger together."
The members of the Membership Committee include:
- Amy Gross, EVP, Key Government Finance, Key Equipment Finance (Chair)
- Jonathan Albin, COO, Nexseer Capital
- Brett Boehm, CEO,TBF Financial, LLC
- Donna Christensen, National Account Executive, CSC
- Mike Coon, First Vice President-Portfolio Manager, Hanmi Bank
- Kelly DeCarteret, Owner, DeCarteret Transport, LLC
- Mark Farlin, Vice President-Head of Healthcare & Infrastructure, LEAF Commercial Capital Inc.
- Thomas Forbes, Executive Vice President & Chief Sales Officer, Wintrust Commercial Finance
- Dominic Janney, Vice President - Sales & Servicing, Canon Financial Services, Inc.
- Martin Klotzman, CLFP, Senior Marketing Manager, Ivory Consulting Corporation
- Chris Lerma, CLFP, President, AP Equipment Financing
- Richard Matte, President, Chief Commercial Officer, Encina Equipment Finance, LLC
- Thomas Pericak, Director - Capital Markets, Hancock Whitney Equipment Finance, LLC
- Marci Slagle, CLFP, President, BankFinancial, NA
- Jeffrey Walker, Chief Executive Officer, CIMC Capital, Inc.
For more on ELFA's history and 60th anniversary recognition, please visit: www.elfaonline.org/60th.
The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) is the trade association that represents companies in the nearly $1 trillion equipment finance sector, which includes financial services companies and manufacturers engaged in financing capital goods. ELFA members are the driving force behind the growth in the commercial equipment finance market and contribute to capital formation in the U.S. and abroad. Its 575 members include independent and captive leasing and finance companies, banks, financial services corporations, broker/packagers and investment banks, as well as manufacturers and service providers. In 2021, ELFA is celebrating 60 years of equipping business for success. For more information, please visit www.elfaonline.org. Follow ELFA on Twitter @ELFAonline.