ELA recently released the results of its inaugural Monthly Leasing Index (MLI) for January 2005. The key metrics highlighted in the January MLI show a strengthening industry.
The results of this new survey replace the quarterly Performance Indicators Report (PIR) as a snapshot of current business activity within the equipment leasing and finance industry. The MLI tracks the performance of prominent leasing organizations in five key areas: total volume, delinquencies, credit approvals, losses, and total headcount. Results of each MLI are posted on the ELA web site and Equipment Leasing Today magazine. Because the same companies participate in the study each month, the MLI provides a fairly reliable and consistent trend analysis of current industry activity.
Each illustration below reflects the data provided by those companies responding to that particular question. Typically, not every company polled responds to every question.
This MLI is conducted monthly by the ELA , which provides a variety of studies, reports, and market analyses covering the $220 billion equipment leasing and finance industry.
Participants in the January 2005
Monthly Leasing Index:
- ADP Credit Corporation
- Amsouth Leasing Corporation
- Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
- First American Equipment Finance
- GreatAmerica Leasing
- Hitachi Credit America Corp.
- HP Financial Services
- John Deere Credit Corporation
- Key Equipment Finance
- LaSalle National Leasing Corporation
- Marlin Leasing Corporation
- RBS Lombard
- Siemens Financial Services
- U.S. Bancorp Leasing & Financial
- Verizon Capital Corporation
- Wells Fargo Equipment Finance