About the Award
The Operations & Technology Excellence (O&TE) Award Program recognizes finance organizations that are focused on process re-engineering and/or technology innovation. Areas of focus could include, but are not limited to a completed project that helped to improve customer experience or a technology transformation project that brought efficiencies and/or digital transformation to an organization.
Prestige and Recognition
This year's O&TE Award winner(s) will be recognized at the 2018 Operations & Technology Conference, September 17-19, 2018 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel in Philadelphia, PA. The Judging Panel (O&TE Award Sub-committee) will review all entries and select up to two winners, who will:
- Receive a personalized plaque
- Participate in and receive the O&TE Award at the Operations & Technology Conference
- Receive industry-wide recognition in the Equipment Leasing & Finance magazine, on the ELFA website, in the ELFA QuickBrief e-newsletter and on the association's social media channels
- Receive recognition at the ELFA Annual Convention
You've worked hard to improve your company's technology and operations. Get the recognition your team deserves. Enter today!
Award Application Deadline
Award applications must be received no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Time, Monday, June 4, 2018. Award applications should be submitted via email only to Heather Staverman at firstname.lastname@example.org with Microsoft Office compatible attachments and the email subject of “O&TE Award Application”.
Please Note: Once an application is received via email, a confirmation email reply will be sent. If you do not receive this reply within 24 hours of submission, please contact Heather Staverman at 202-238-23427.
Award Application and Submission Instructions
- Award applications should be submitted via email only to Heather Staverman at email@example.com
- Each application may include up to one Microsoft Office compatible attachment.
- The email subject must say “O&TE Award Application” in order to be considered and to ensure your application is not caught by any spam blockers.
Eligibility, Judging Panel, Other Details/Requirements
- To qualify for consideration:
- Nominees can self-nominate or be nominated by others.
- The project or initiative completion (go-live/in production) date must be within 12 months prior to application deadline.
- Nominees must be equipment finance organizations and current regular members (as defined by the ELFA) at the time of application.
- Recognition is measured by project or initiative. Therefore, multiple submissions from the same organization are acceptable.
- Joint submissions (i.e. service provider and equipment finance organization) are acceptable (however, only the equipment finance organization will receive the award).
- The O&TE Award sub-committee may request to meet with each nominee as part of the judging process to obtain more information about each project.
- Winner(s) will be notified by June 30, 2018 via email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winner(s) must be willing to participate in a session at the Operations and Technology Conference. Therefore, the winner(s) must have at least one representative attend the conference.
- The O&T Planning Committee has assembled a sub-committee of judges to identify the projects that will be eligible to receive an award. The O&TE Award Sub-committee is comprised as follows:
- Jennifer Martin, Key Equipment Finance, O&TE Award Sub-committee Chair
- Joshua Bridge, Capgemini America, Inc.
- Joe Franco, Cloud Lending
- Keith Goepfert, TCF Equipment Finance, a division of TCF National Bank
- Mike McKie, LEAF Commercial Capital Inc.
- Melissa Orsburne, CLFP, International Decision Systems
- Candace Reinhart, CLFP, First National Capital, An Employee Owned Company
- Tawnya Stone, CLFP, GreatAmerica Financial Services
Note: the judging panel is made up of representatives from both equipment finance organizations and service providers. In the event there is a conflict of interest for a judge, their score is not included in the scoring of the nomination. Award submissions will be treated as being confidential and only shared with the sub-committee and employees of the ELFA as necessary.
- 2018: CWB National Leasing Inc.
- 2017: CIT Direct Capital and Mintaka Financial; Honorable Mention: Cisco Systems Capital
- 2016: LEAF Commercial Capital, Inc. and National Leasing
- 2015: Element Financial Corporation and Quick Bridge Funding, LLC
- 2014: BB&T Equipment Finance Corporation and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, Inc.
- 2013: TCF Equipment Finance, Inc. and SunPower Corporation.
- 2012: LEAF Commercial Capital, Inc. and AIG Commercial Asset Finance
- 2011: First American Equipment Finance and ICON Capital Corporation
- 2010: Winthrop Resources Corporation
- 2009: Key Equipment Finance, PHH Arval
- 2008: Orion First Financial LLC, Trinity Industries Leasing Co.
- 2007: TCF Equipment Finance, California First National Bancorp, and Xerox Capital Services
- 2006: Farm Credit Leasing
- 2005: Styx Capital, Relational LLC
- 2004: Cisco Systems Capital Corporation
- 2003: AgStar Financial Services, National Leasing Group
- 2002: ABB Financial Services, IBM Global Financing, Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation