About the Award
The Operations & Technology Excellence (O&TE) Award Program identifies and recognizes equipment finance organizations that are focused on innovation in either process re-engineering or technology. Areas of focus could include, but are not limited to a new initiative, business model, improved customer experience, consolidation, efficiency or digital transformation project.
Prestige and Recognition
This year's O&TE Award winner(s) will be recognized at the 2017 Operations & Technology Conference, Sept. 11 - 13 at The Westin Charlotte in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Judging Panel (O&TE Award Sub-committee) will review all entries and select up to two winners, who will:
- Participate in and receive the O&TE Award at the Operations & Technology Conference
- Receive industry-wide recognition in the Equipment Leasing & Finance magazine, on the ELFA website, in the ELFA QuickBrief e-newsletter and on the association's social media channels
- Receive recognition at the ELFA Annual Convention
You've worked hard to improve your company's operations and customer experience. Get the recognition your team deserves. Enter today!
Award Application Deadline
Award applications must be received no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Time, Monday, June 5, 2017. Award applications should be submitted via email only to Heather Staverman at email@example.com with Microsoft Office compatible attachments and the email subject of “O&TE Award Application”.
Award Application and Submission Instructions
Download the Award Application
Award applications should be submitted via email only to Heather Staverman at firstname.lastname@example.org and may include up to one Microsoft Office compatible attachment and the email subject of “O&TE Award Application”.
Eligibility, Judging Panel, Other Details/Requirements
- To qualify for consideration:
- Nominees can be self-nominated or nominated by others.
- The project or initiative completion (go-live/in production) date must be within 12 months prior to application deadline.
- Nominees must be equipment finance organizations and current regular members (as defined by the ELFA) at the time of application.
- Recognition is measured by project or initiative. Therefore, multiple submissions from the same organization are acceptable.
- Joint submissions (i.e. service provider and equipment finance organization) are acceptable (however, only the equipment finance organization will receive the award).
- Winner(s) will be notified by June 30.
- Winner(s) must be willing to participate in a session at the Operations and Technology Conference. Therefore, the winner(s) must have at least one representative attend the conference.
- The O&T Planning Committee has assembled a sub-committee of judges to identify the projects that will be eligible to receive an award. The O&TE Award Sub-committee is comprised as follows:
- Andrew Cotter, Somerset Capital Group, O&TE Award Sub-committee Chair
- Joshua Bridge, Capgemini America, Inc.
- Ian Conrad, Blue Bridge Financial, LLC
- Jennifer Martin, Key Equipment Finance
- Mike McKie, LEAF Commercial Capital Inc.
- Shannon O'Hara, Linedata Lending and Leasing
- Melissa Orsburne, International Decision Systems
- Candace Reinhart, First National Capital
- Tawnya Stone, GreatAmerica Financial Services
Note: the judging panel is made up of representatives from both equipment finance organizations and service providers. In the event there is a conflict of interest for a judge, their score is not included in the scoring of the nomination. Award submissions will be treated as being confidential and only shared with the sub-committee and employees of the ELFA as necessary.
- 2016: LEAF Commercial Capital, Inc. and National Leasing
- 2015: Element Financial Corporation and Quick Bridge Funding, LLC
- 2014: BB&T Equipment Finance Corporation and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, Inc.
- 2013: TCF Equipment Finance, Inc. and SunPower Corporation.
- 2012: LEAF Commercial Capital, Inc. and AIG Commercial Asset Finance
- 2011: First American Equipment Finance and ICON Capital Corporation
- 2010: Winthrop Resources Corporation
- 2009: Key Equipment Finance, PHH Arval
- 2008: Orion First Financial LLC, Trinity Industries Leasing Co.
- 2007: TCF Equipment Finance, California First National Bancorp, and Xerox Capital Services
- 2006: Farm Credit Leasing
- 2005: Styx Capital, Relational LLC
- 2004: Cisco Systems Capital Corporation
- 2003: AgStar Financial Services, National Leasing Group
- 2002: ABB Financial Services, IBM Global Financing, Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation