Julie BensonVP, Membership Marketing
(202) 238-3432Julie Benson serves as Vice President of Membership Marketing for the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the premier trade association representing 575+ member organizations in the $1 trillion equipment finance sector.In this position, Ms. Benson works with the Membership Committee and plays a significant role in the development of a broad strategy that both engages and retains ELFA members and enhances the membership value proposition. Ms. Benson also drives the association's efforts to grow its membership base in all member populations. In addition, she works closely with all staff to maintain the overall integrity, quality and optimization of the Association Management System (AMS).Prior to joining ELFA in March 2013, Ms. Benson served as director of administration and operations for the Insured Retirement Institute, where she managed the productivity, efficiency and profitability of the association's operations. Previously, she served as director of marketing for Enviso Capital, where she managed relationships with existing clients and developed programs to attract new clients to the firm.Ms. Benson holds a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of California, Riverside and a master's degree in business administration from California University State Long Beach, where she graduated with honors.
Dennis BrownVP, State Government Relations
(202) 238-3411Dennis Brown serves as Vice President of State Government Relations for the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the premier trade association representing 575+ member organizations in the $1 trillion equipment finance sector.Mr. Brown joined ELFA in 1993 as Vice President of State Government Relations to implement a proactive program developing and promoting ELFA positions and policy. He has served as president of several organizations representing government relations professionals and has won the Award of Excellence in Government Relations from the American Society of Association Executives on several occasions. He has also served as a liaison to tax committees of the National Conference of State Legislatures.A veteran of the U.S. Army having reached the rank of Sergeant, Mr. Brown is a graduate in political science from the University of Maryland.
Bill ChoiVP, Research & Industry Services
(202) 238-3413Bill Choi is the Vice President of Research & Industry Services for the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the premier trade association representing 575+ member organizations in the $1 trillion equipment finance sector.Mr. Choi manages research, economic analysis and industry benchmarking metrics. He has been with the association since 2002. He has liaison responsibilities for the ELFA Research and International committees.Prior to joining ELFA, Mr. Choi served as a product manager in the telecommunications and banking industries. He developed and managed products through their product life cycle from development to maturity. He also worked for the American Institute of Architects (AIA) as the director of marketing, with the task of increasing sales of software, increasing attendance to events and membership, market analysis and marketing publications.Mr. Choi holds the Certification Association Executive (CAE) designation from the American Society of Association Executives. He holds a B.S. in Industrial/Organization Psychology and a Masters in Business Administration.
Andy FishburnVP, Federal Government Relations
(202) 238-3419Andy Fishburn is the Vice President of Federal Government Relations for the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the premier trade association representing 575+ member organizations in the $1 trillion equipment finance sector.Mr. Fishburn joined ELFA in September 2012. He directs and operates all aspects of the association’s federal relations strategy and the engagement of members in political programs.Fishburn has focused on legislative, financial and tax policy matters throughout his distinguished career within the Department of Treasury and the U.S. Congress. He served in legislative affairs positions and as senior advisor to four Secretaries of the Treasury, including as a Deputy Assistant Secretary under Secretaries John Snow and Henry Paulson. During 2010 and 2011, he served on the staff of the U.S. Senate Committee on Finance and worked for Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) on tax policies such as bank taxation, tax administration, oversight of the IRS, tax extenders and small business tax issues. Most recently, he was the Director of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs at the U.S. Mint, acting as the Bureau’s lead legislative strategist and congressional liaison. He has a B.S. in environmental studies from the University of Michigan and a Master of Public Affairs from Indiana University.
Ralph PettaPresident and CEO
(202) 238-3430Ralph Petta is the President and CEO of the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the premier trade association representing 550+ member organizations in the $1 trillion equipment finance sector. Mr. Petta leads the organization in executing its mission to foster business development, deliver industry information and analysis, provide educational opportunities and advocate for the industry. He is also President of the Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation, which is dedicated to inspiring thoughtful innovation and contributing to the betterment of the equipment leasing and finance industry.Mr. Petta, an authority in the business of equipment finance, has been with the association since 1987. Before assuming the role of President and CEO in January 2016, he served as Chief Operating Officer for six years, providing coordination, direction and oversight of ELFA programs and services designed to add value to the association’s member organizations. Prior to that, he served as Interim President. From 1987 to 2010 he was Vice President-Research & Industry Services, managing ELFA’s information, benchmarking and market research initiatives. Throughout his career at ELFA, Mr. Petta has assumed leadership roles in virtually all functional areas within the organization, including governance, membership marketing, communications, business and professional development, state advocacy and the association’s affiliated Foundation.He is often quoted in industry trade publications and is a frequent speaker about the role of equipment finance in the U.S. economy and trends and developments in the equipment finance sector.Mr. Petta is a member of the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE). He completed the ASAE/University of Maryland College of Business and Management executive development certificate program in association management. He also was selected for and participated in the ASAE Future Leaders Conference.Before joining ELFA, Mr. Petta worked for nine years in the office of United States Senator Sam Nunn, serving in a variety of professional capacities. He was Senator Nunn’s legislative assistant when he left to join the association. Mr. Petta graduated from Syracuse University, earning a B.A. degree in political science.
Lisa RamirezVP, Business and Professional Development
(202) 238-3414Lisa Ramirez serves as Vice President, Business and Professional Development for the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the premier trade association representing 575+ member organizations in the $1 trillion equipment finance sector.
Ms. Ramirez oversees the management and direction of all business and professional development activities for the association, including the Annual Convention, conferences, workshops, best practices roundtables, e-learning initiatives, web seminars and web-based educational content.
Prior to joining the ELFA in July 2012, Ms. Ramirez served as an Educational Programs Manager for the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, where she served as sole project manager (design and implementation) for the planning and executing of 15 educational programs. Previously, she served as a program manager for the American Institute of Architects, where she managed and coordinated key projects and conferences with AIA Executive Members.
Ms. Ramirez holds a master's degree in communication studies from Texas State University, a bachelor's degree in organizational communication from Texas State, and a certification in corporate communication training and development.
Scott RiehlVP, State Government Relations
(202) 238-3443Scott Riehl serves as Vice President of State Government Relations for the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the premier trade association representing 575+ member organizations in the $1 trillion equipment finance sector.Mr. Riehl joined ELFA in June 2016. He directs and executes all aspects of the association’s state government relations strategy, monitoring and engaging legislation and regulation impacting the industry in all 50 states.Mr. Riehl brings 24 years of direct issue advocacy, legal and legislative staff experience to ELFA. For 13 years he represented the consumer products industry, including serving as Vice President of State Government Affairs and Associate Counsel at the Grocery Manufacturers Association. Prior to GMA, Mr. Riehl served as a Vice President at Stateside Associates, a full-service state legislative tracking company, where he provided direct political consultation for numerous Fortune 500 companies and D.C.-based trade associations. Previously, Mr. Riehl was a state affairs specialist for the National Rifle Association of America. Immediately prior to joining ELFA, he led the Riehl Group LLC, a political and strategic issue management and consulting firm based in Virginia.In the legal and state legislative arenas, Mr. Riehl worked in the Washington, D.C., office of Seyfarth, Shaw, Fairweather and Geraldson, where he specialized in the firm’s government and defense contracts practice. Previously, he was on the staff of the Michigan Attorney General. Mr. Riehl began his government relations career in the Michigan Senate, where he served as Counsel and Chief Legislative Aide for two Michigan state senators.Mr. Riehl has a B.S. in Political Science from the University of Vermont and a J.D. from Thomas Cooley School of Law.
Paul A. StilpChief Financial and Operating Officer
(202) 238-3440Paul Stilp serves as Vice President of Finance and Administration for the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the premier trade association representing 575+ member organizations in the $1 trillion equipment finance sector.Mr. Stilp joined ELFA in 2004. He is responsible for the association's day-to-day operations and finances as well as human resources and facilities management. He is the staff liaison to ELFA's Finance and Audit Committee working with the association's volunteer governance to insure compliance with audit and financial standards. Prior to joining ELFA, Mr. Stilp served as Chief Financial Officer for the National Organization on Disability (NOD) where he guided the charity through the turbulent post-9/11 financial crises many charities faced. Mr. Stilp has also served as Administrative Director and Acting Chief of Staff to two United States Senators and as the CFO of a public relations firm.He is a graduate of Miami University and a member of the Society for Human Resource Management, the American Society of Association Executives and the Finance and Administration Roundtable.
Amy VogtVP, Communications and Marketing
(202) 238-3438Amy Vogt serves as Vice President of Communications and Marketing for the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), the premier trade association representing 575+ member organizations in the $1 trillion equipment finance sector.In this position, Ms. Vogt directs the association's communications, branding and marketing activities. She manages and implements the association's strategic internal communications program, which includes the ELFA's magazine, website, social media initiatives, and daily electronic news feed. She also manages and implements the association's strategic external communications program, which includes media relations and outreach to the industry customer base. In addition, she oversees the ELFA's branding initiatives, developing and disseminating appropriate messaging among members and various external audiences.Prior to joining the ELFA in July 2010, Ms. Vogt served as director of public and media relations for the American Association of School Administrators, where she created and executed communications, media relations and marketing strategies for school system CEOs. Previously, she served as communications manager for the American Psychological Association's Practice Directorate, where she produced business management resources for mental health practitioners, and as assistant director of communications, publications and technology for the National Association for College Admission Counseling.Ms. Vogt holds a master's degree in public communication from American University, a bachelor's degree from Smith College, a publication specialist certificate from the George Washington University School of Professional Development, and a digital marketing certificate from the Georgetown University Center for Continuing and Professional Education.