Washington, D.C. – The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association today announced the agenda for ELFA Lease & Finance Accountants Conference LIVE!, an interactive virtual conference on Sept. 14. This one-day event will provide the latest information on accounting and financial reporting issues affecting the $900 billion equipment finance sector. Industry leaders responsible for financial reporting activities and professionals who need to be familiar with the impact of accounting on their transactions are encouraged to attend.
“What are the critical accounting issues facing the equipment finance industry today? At Lease & Finance Accountants Conference LIVE! we’ll tackle important new developments that you need to be aware of,” said John Bober, Chair of ELFA’s Financial Accounting Committee, which is involved in planning and hosting the conference. “We’ll also reconnect with colleagues we haven’t seen throughout the pandemic and meet new contacts. We hope to see as many ELFA members as possible on Sept. 14!”
Highlights from the Lease & Finance Accountants Conference LIVE! agenda include:
- Lessor Hot Topics – Lease modifications, sale leasebacks, residual value guarantees and more. Plus: Top reminders for those about to adopt the new Leases standard.
- Lessee Hot Topics – Accounting for changes in a real estate portfolio
- Lease and Loan Sales
- Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL)
- The End of LIBOR – Transitioning from LIBOR to Replacement Rates
- Applying ASC 842’s Definition of a Lease to Service Arrangements
- Interaction Between ASC 842 and ASC 606
- State of the Tax Code as It Relates to the Leasing Industry
- State of the Equipment Finance Industry – Presented by ELFA Board Chair Kris Snow, President, Cisco Systems Capital Corporation
- Virtual Networking Reception – Connect with colleagues and exchange best practices.
Attendees also will have access to a host of technology-related sessions at the ELFA Operations & Technology LIVE! virtual conference, which will be held concurrently on Sept. 14. Attendees may participate in both conferences at no extra cost.
ELFA recognized the members of the 2021 Financial Accounting Committee who are helping to plan Lease & Finance Accountants Conference LIVE!, including:
- John Bober, Director, The Alta Group LLC (Committee Chair)
- David W. Abplanalp, COO, BMO Harris Equipment Finance
- Deborah A. Brady, Senior VP & CFO, Key Equipment Finance
- Daryl E. Buck, National Managing Partner, Grant Thornton LLP
- Kyle Elken, Controller, DLL
- Joseph Guage, CFO, First American Equipment Finance, an RBC/City National Company
- Shawn Halladay, CFO & COO, Pitney Bowes Global Financial Services
- Marc Jerusalem, Director, Accounting & Consulting Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Gary Kabureck, Retired Board Member of the International Accounting Standards Board and Former Corporate VP and Chief Accounting Officer, Xerox Corporation
- Tim Kolber, Managing Director, Accounting and Reporting Advisory Services, Deloitte,
- Jeffrey Lezinski, SVP Solution Architecture, Odessa
- Herb Lohmann, Global Leasing Controller, Healthcare Financial Services, GE Healthcare
- Patrick McCartan, Executive VP and CFO, Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
- Scott Muir, Partner-Department of Professional Practice, KPMG LLP
- Steven Pinamonti, Senior Technical Accounting Manager, IBM Global Financing
- Derrick Prine, Controller US & Canada, John Deere Financial
- Joseph P. Sebik, Director of Tax, Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
- Charlie Shannon, Partner, Moss Adams LLP
- Mamta Shori, CFO, Wells Fargo Equipment Finance
- Jeremy Simons, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Jennifer Stembridge, SVP, Accounting Policy, Truist Equipment Finance Corp.
- Amie D. Sweeney, Vice President, CBRE
- Vincent Tesoriero, VP-Controller, Marlin Capital Solutions
- Jay Wilensky, VP-Accounting & Finance, Sasser Family Companies
- Brian Wilson, Director-Leasing, Bank of America Global Leasing
The agenda and registration details for Lease & Finance Accountants Conference LIVE! are available at www.elfaonline.org/events/2021/LAC/.
The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA) is the trade association that represents companies in the nearly $1 trillion equipment finance sector, which includes financial services companies and manufacturers engaged in financing capital goods. ELFA members are the driving force behind the growth in the commercial equipment finance market and contribute to capital formation in the U.S. and abroad. Its 575 members include independent and captive leasing and finance companies, banks, financial services corporations, broker/packagers and investment banks, as well as manufacturers and service providers. In 2021, ELFA is celebrating 60 years of equipping business for success. For more information, please visit www.elfaonline.org.