September Principles of Equipment Leasing and Finance Workshop
September 24, 2018 - September 26, 2018Toyota Industries Commercial Finance, Inc.
Principles is designed to teach the fundamentals of personal property commercial equipment leasing and finance for entry-level personnel and/or individuals with business experience who have not had a complete overview of the leasing and finance business. Subjects address the "why" as much as the "how" to provide the participant with a strong foundation on how the leasing and finance business works and where their individual responsibilities fit in to the workflow.
Who Should Attend?
- Newly-hired staff, generally
- Operations and administration staff
- Newly-hired sales staff
- Marketing personnel
- Vendors/Vendor sales staff
- New ELFA members
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define industry terminology
- Identify the tax, legal and accounting rules and regulations
- List the types of leases and loans, including structure and pricing
- Utilize a financial calculator to learn how pricing reflects the structure of a lease/financing
- Explain the current accounting requirements and discuss upcoming changes to the lease accounting rules
- Describe the benefits of equipment finance
- Identify the types of lease structures and how they fit the lessee needs
- Identify the types of equipment lease and finance institutions and how their requirements vary
- Describe the different types of legal entities and identify the required legal forms to complete a transaction
- Recognize and discuss fraud prevention and detections measures
- Identify the purpose, paperwork and people involved in each step of the lifecycle
Business casual attire is appropriate for this workshop.
To receive a refund of registration fees (minus $100 administrative fee), cancellations must be received no later than seven business days prior to the start of the workshop. Cancellations made by phone must be followed by a letter that includes the name of the ELFA staff person who accepted the cancellation.
Substitutions for the entire program can be made at any time, including on-site.
- 19 CPE credits will be earned for attending this workshop.
- NASBA fields of study: Finance (13), Accounting (1.5), Business Law (1.5), Taxes (1.5), Specialized Knowledge (1.5).
- Program Level: Basic, no prerequisite education or experience required.
- Delivery Method: Group live event
ELFA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the Nationa Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through the website: www.learningmarket.org.
|Attendee (1st Person)||$1200.00|
|Attendee - Non Member||$2400.00|
Toyota Industries Commercial Finance, Inc.
8951 Cypress Waters Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75019