June Principles of Equipment Leasing and Finance Workshop
June 05, 2018 - June 07, 2018Dilworth Paxson
Principles has been designed to teach the fundamentals of personal property commercial equipment leasing and finance for entry level personnel and/or individuals with business experience who have not had a complete overview of the leasing and finance business. Subjects address the “why” as much as the “how”, to provide the participant with a strong foundation on how the leasing and finance business works and where their individual responsibilities fit into the workflow.
Who Should Attend the Principles of Leasing and Finance Workshop
- Newly hired staff, generally
- Operations and administration staff
- Newly hired sales staff
- Marketing personnel
- Vendors/Vendor sales staff
- New members of ELFA
After completing the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Define industry terminology
- Identify the tax, legal and accounting rules and regulations
- List the types of leases and loans, including structure and pricing.
- Utilize a financial calculator to learn how pricing reflects the structure of a lease/financing.
- Explain the current accounting requirements and discuss upcoming changes to lease accounting rules
- Describe the benefits of leasing/finance
- Identify the types of lease structures and how they fit the lessee needs
- Identify the types of equipment lease and finance institutions and how their requirements vary
- Describe the different types of legal entities and understand the the required legal forms needed to complete a transaction.
- Recognize and discuss fraud prevention and detection measures
- Identify the purpose, paperwork and people involved in each step of the lifecycle of the lease/financing.
Business casual attire is appropriate for this workshop.
To receive a refund of registration fees (minus $100 administrative fee), cancellations must be received no later than seven business days prior to the start of the selected workshop. Cancellations made by telephone must be followed by a letter that includes the name of the ELFA staff member who accepted the cancellation.
Substitutions for the entire program may be made at any time, including on-site registration.
ELFA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
20 CPE credits will be earned for attending this workshop.
NASBA fields of study: 18.5 Finance and 1.5 Specialized Knowledge and Apps. Program Level: Basic, no prerequisite education or experience required. Delivery method: Group live event
|Attendee (1st Person)||$1200.00|
|Attendee - Non Member||$2400.00|
1500 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102