About the MLFI-25
The MLFI-25 is the only index that reflects capex, or the volume of commercial equipment financed in the U.S. The MLFI-25 is released globally at 8 a.m. Eastern time from Washington, D.C., each month, on the day before the U.S. Department of Commerce releases the durable goods report. The MLFI-25 is a financial indicator that complements the durable goods report and other economic indexes, including the Institute for Supply Management Index, which reports economic activity in the manufacturing sector. Together with the MLFI-25 these reports provide a complete view of the status of productive assets in the U.S. economy: equipment produced, acquired and financed.
The latest Monthly Leasing and Finance Index is available at http://www.elfaonline.org/data/MLFI/
The ELFA produces the MLFI-25 survey to help member organizations achieve competitive advantage by providing them with leading-edge research and benchmarking information to support strategic business decision making.
The MLFI-25 is a barometer of the trends in U.S. capital equipment investment. Five components are included in the survey: new business volume (originations), aging of receivables, charge-offs, credit approval ratios, (approved vs. submitted) and headcount for the equipment finance business.
The MLFI-25 measures monthly commercial equipment lease and loan activity as reported by participating ELFA member equipment finance companies representing a cross section of the equipment finance sector, including small ticket, middle-market, large ticket, bank, captive and independent leasing and finance companies. Based on hard survey data, the responses mirror the economic activity of the broader equipment finance sector and current business conditions nationally.
Full Listing of MLFI Participants
- BancorpSouth Equipment Finance
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Bank of the West
- BB&T Bank
- BMO Harris Equipment Finance
- Canon Financial Services
- Caterpillar Financial Services
- Citizens Asset Finance
- Dell Financial Services
- EverBank Commercial Finance
- Fifth Third Equipment Finance
- First American Equipment Finance, a City National Bank Company
- Frost Bank
- GreatAmerica Financial Services
- Hitachi Credit America
- Huntington Equipment Finance
- John Deere Financial
- Key Equipment Finance
- LEAF Commercial Capital Inc.
- M&T Bank
- Marlin Leasing
- Merchants Bank Equipment Finance
- PNC Equipment Finance
- SG Equipment Finance
- Siemens Financial Services
- Stearns Bank
- Stonebriar Commercial Finance
- SunTrust Equipment Finance & Leasing Corp.
- TCF Equipment Finance
- US Bancorp Equipment Finance
- Volvo Financial Services
- Wells Fargo Equipment Finance