Lease Accounting Project
A collection of documents covering proposed changes in lease accounting and financial reporting, their impact on the leasing and finance industry, and ELFA policy statements.
- :: Latest News
- :: 2013 Exposure Draft and Comment Letters
- :: Analysis and Research
- :: Events
- :: Press Statements
- :: 2010 Exposure Draft and Comment Letters
- :: Questions?
- :: Background Documents
- Aug. 12, 2014 - The IASB and FASB met on July 23, 2014, to continue deliberations on changing accounting standards governing lease transactions. Specifically, they considered sale leaseback, lessor disclosure and related accounting issues. Read an overview of the meeting.
- Aug. 1, 2014 - The Summer issue of ELFA's magazine includes an update on the lease accounting project by Bill Bosco and James Barker, "Lease Accounting Project Moves Forward."
- June 25, 2014 - In a new letter to the IASB and FASB, ELFA responds to a recent Compliance Week article on the Leases project.
- June 19, 2014 - Most Recent IASB/FASB Meeting Nets Favorable Decisions on the Leases Project: Overview of June 18, 2014, FASB/IASB Lease Project Board Meeting. The boards still seem to be on track for issuing new rules in the first half of 2015.
- April 24, 2014 - The latest issue of Ernst & Young's "To the Point" reports that Accounting Boards Continue to Make Progress on Leases Project
- March 20, 2014 - At a joint FASB/IASB meeting March 18-19, the Boards remained at odds on key lessee issues. Read a brief summary of what was discussed.
- Jan. 27, 2014 - On Jan. 23, the FASB and IASB held a joint non-decision making meeting to discuss the Leases Project. Its purpose was to identify a number of proposed options and staff recommendations to be considered at future decision-making meetings, the next of which will be scheduled sometime in March at the FASB offices in Norwalk, CT. Read a brief summary of what was discussed.
2013 Exposure Draft and Comment Letters
The second Leases Project Exposure Draft was issued May 16, 2013. There was a 120-day comment period. More than 625 lessees and their financing partners and other stakeholders should submitted comment letters by the Sept. 13, 2013, deadline.
Analysis and Research
2010 Exposure Draft and Comment Letters
Released by the IASB/FASB: Aug. 17, 2010. Comment deadline was Dec. 15, 2010.