Operations & Technology Excellence Award
About the Award
The Operations & Technology Excellence (O&TE) Award Program identifies and recognizes equipment finance organizations that are focused on innovation in either process re-engineering or technology. Areas of focus could include, but are not limited to a new initiative, business model, improved customer experience, consolidation, efficiency or digital transformation project.
Prestige and Recognition
This year's O&TE Award winner(s) will be recognized at the 2016 Operations & Technology Conference, Sept. 12-14 at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Maryland. The Judging Panel (O&TE Award Sub-committee) will review all entries and select up to two winners, who will:
- Participate in and receive the O&TE Award at the Operations & Technology Conference
- Receive industry-wide recognition in the Equipment Leasing & Finance magazine, on the ELFA website, in the ELFA QuickBrief e-newsletter and on the association's social media channels
- Receive recognition at the 2016 ELFA Annual Convention
You've worked hard to improve your company's operations. Get the recognition your team deserves. Enter today!
Award Application Deadline
Award applications must be received no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Time, Monday, June 6, 2016. Award applications should be submitted via email only, using the official award application, to Heather Staverman at firstname.lastname@example.org with Microsoft Office compatible attachments and the email subject of "O&TE Award Application".
Eligibility, Judging Panel, Other Details/Requirements
- To qualify for consideration:
- Nominees can be self-nominated or nominated by others.
- The project or initiative completion (go-live/in production) date must be within 12 months prior to application deadline.
- Nominees must be equipment finance organizations and current regular members (as defined by the ELFA) at the time of application.
- Recognition is measured by project or initiative. Therefore, multiple submissions from the same organization are acceptable.
- Joint submissions (i.e. service provider and equipment finance organization) are acceptable (however, only the equipment finance organization will receive the award).
- Winner(s) will be notified by June 30, 2016.
- Winner(s) must be willing to participate in a session at the 2016 Operations and Technology Conference. Therefore, the winner(s) must have at least one representative attend the conference.
- The O&T Planning Committee has assembled a sub-committee of judges to identify the projects that will be eligible to receive an award. The O&TE Award Sub-committee is comprised as follows:
- Andrew Cotter, Somerset Capital Group, O&TE Award Sub-committee Chair
- Doug Cohen, Vertex, Inc.
- Katie Emmel, IDS
- Kristian Dolan, Tamarack Consulting, Inc.
- Lucy Marsh, TCF Equipment Finance, Inc.
- Mike McKie, LEAF
- Lisa Rafter, Odessa Technologies, Inc.
Note: the judging panel is made up of representatives from both equipment finance organizations and service providers. In the event there is a conflict of interest for a judge, their score is not included in the scoring of the nomination.
- 2015: Element Financial Corporation and Quick Bridge Funding, LLC
- 2014: BB&T Equipment Finance Corporation and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, Inc.
- 2013: TCF Equipment Finance, Inc. and SunPower Corporation.
- 2012: LEAF Commercial Capital, Inc. and AIG Commercial Asset Finance
- 2011: First American Equipment Finance and ICON Capital Corporation
- 2010: Winthrop Resources Corporation
- 2009: Key Equipment Finance, PHH Arval
- 2008: Orion First Financial LLC, Trinity Industries Leasing Co.
- 2007: TCF Equipment Finance, California First National Bancorp, and Xerox Capital Services
- 2006: Farm Credit Leasing
- 2005: Styx Capital, Relational LLC
- 2004: Cisco Systems Capital Corporation
- 2003: AgStar Financial Services, National Leasing Group
- 2002: ABB Financial Services, IBM Global Financing, Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation